Автор Сообщение
Gender_Мужской Seed

Online status

Team

1625 Сообщений

Блог Город: love my drugs
О Себе: музыкант/vocal
49334   20:45 06.04.2007г. GMT       
отличное интервью с вокалистом Presence. закончил работу над ним только вчера. enjoy!
questions from users:

1)why curb records delayed last album several times and finally not release it?

That’s a question we may never know the true answer to. My belief is that they never had any real intention of releasing the album. We became a low priority at Curb Records after our first release, and this mainly had to do with the fact that they are a Country & Christian record label, and because of that they had no business signing us to begin with. They got in over their heads by trying to start a “rock division” of the label, and when they realized it wouldn’t be as easy as they thought to have success within the rock community, they just cut their losses by shoving us to the side. We walked away from Curb in 2006 when they didn’t have the balls to drop us from their roster of Christian pop stars.

2)why Presence broke up?

We broke up because we felt that we had a great run, and we wanted to go out on our own terms. Some of the guys in the band were starting families, and we felt it was just the right time to move on. We were together for eight years. We all still keep in touch.

3)Do you have plans for 2008 year?

I generally don’t like to make plans too far in advance, so I don’t really know what 2008 has in store. Whatever life brings. I guess I would hope to continue growing musically & spiritually and in all facets of my life.

4)why you changed style of last album? its more alt.rock than rapcore styled as previous records

We had a feeling that it would be our last album. So we figured, “fuck it!” Let’s just catch everyone off guard and do something different. We wanted to show that we were diverse and we wanted to concentrate more on just good, solid songwriting. Things went the way they did, but I’m still glad we chose a different path for that album. It helped me grow into a more well-rounded vocalist, and I’d like to continue that growth with my new project Revery.

5)do you have plans to tour in Europe and Russia with your new band

Revery?

Revery is just getting off the ground, so everything is up in the air right now. We’ll keep writing songs and see where it takes us. It’s really just about having fun, being creative, and writing honest material. I’ve always felt that if you are enjoying yourself and enjoying your music, everything will fall into place as it should.

6)where we can listen Revery songs?

Right now, we just have a Myspace page. The address is www.myspace.com/reverymusic. We will be uploading new songs as we finish recording them.

7)Jay! Presence Last Record available only through iTunes. we can't buy

it and can't listen.can you start contest that we have got chance to

win last album or just give us promo copy of this album as a gift"?

I only have the record on a hard drive in storage right now. Maybe you can network with some Presence fans from other parts of the world and see if they can help you get a copy of the record. I wish it was easier for you to get the album, but the whole situation with that album never being released was very unfortunate.

also Russian Presence fans says:
" hey guys, give me last album and I'm release it in Russia"
"wow! the fall awesome song, Jay's vocal little changed, good Luck with

New band Jay!"
"Presence broke up?why? I have "Rise" cd. amazing album..."

questions from me:

1)How did Revery get together? other Presence members also already join

new bands?

Revery came together when I ran into the bass player, Kevin, at a bar. We had played a show together years ago and he inquired about Presence. I told him Presence had broken up recently and he asked if I was interested in starting a new project. Hopefully, the rest of the story is history in the making that has yet to be written.

DJ just joined a band called 12 Stones, and the other guys are still weighing options.

2)Revery is independent band without label. what about signing?

I think it’s a little too early to be thinking about signing a deal. We’re just focusing on writing good music right now. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. I have learned a lot about how the music industry works from my years with Presence, and I’m not a na&覧ve 20-year-old anymore, so we’ll be patient and wait for the right opportunities to come along.

3)do you have plans to release something from Revery in 2007 year?

I think we can release an independent album before 2007 is over. Don’t quote me on that, though! We won’t release anything that we don’t feel is the best possible music that we can offer.

4)what would be like a dream tour for you?

I am a big fan of The Police. That would be pretty cool. Plus, the entertainment would most likely continue backstage, as Sting, Stu Copeland, and Andy Summers rip each other’s heads off. An all around good time!

5)What do you like to do on tour?

I’m generally low-key on tour. During our time off stage, I like to relax. If the city or town we’re in has something interesting to offer, I’ll usually check it out. I like to meet new people, and enjoy the incredible opportunity of touring the world playing music. It gets tiring and there’s plenty of moments when you’re exhausted and just want to go home, but I never take for granted how lucky I am to be doing what I’m doing.

6)If you had to pick one song off all Presence albums to describe the

bands sound, what would it be?

Well, like I said earlier, we wanted to show our diversity on the last album, so that’s a tough question. We sounded a lot different when we first started playing together. One of my favorite songs we ever recorded was One Final Breath off the Rise album. I think we really tapped into the heavy emotions of that song when we recorded it. I think it comes through on the recording, and that heavy of an emotion isn’t easy to capture on a recording.

7)What's your favorite Presence song to play live?

I always liked playing the heavier stuff live because the crowd would go completely wild. I feed off the energy of the crowd, so their reaction to the music totally affects my performance. The crazier they get, the crazier I get. Songs like “Hold Up” were always my favorite live. “Remember” was also one of my favorites to play live, because everyone would sing every word along with me.

8)What type of music do you listen to? What's the last album you

bought?

I listen to all kinds of music. I like everything. If it’s good, it’s good, regardless of genre. Some of my favorite artists are Queens of the Stone Age, Jeff Buckley, and The Police.

The last album I bought was Ligion’s “External Affairs.” They’re good friends of mine from Nashville, Tennessee.

9)What do you do when you're not touring?

I keep it laid-back. I live in South Florida, so I don’t mind the heat, and I love being near the water. Anything that involves a sunny day, good food, good music, good company, and water nearby to cool off… that’s what I like to do when I’m home.

10)do you have family, kids?

I haven’t thought about starting a family yet. I was in a long relationship a few years back that didn’t work out, and I’ve been single ever since. I enjoy the freedom of being single, but I still hope that the love of my life might be waiting just around the corner.

11)what you can say for your Russian fans?

Спасибо за поддержку Присутствия! Теперь пойдите, проверяют Переочень! Is that right?!

12)Any thing else you would like to add?

Be nice to your mother.

Broken Remains - My Band / Дебютный EP альбом "завтра не наступит никогда" релиз скоро!!
Broken Remains Vkontakte
Я Vkontakte
Myspace

Gender_Мужской SteM

Online status

2900 Сообщений

Блог Город: Moscow
О Себе: History long during a life.
49340   21:19 06.04.2007г. GMT       
сильно!!!
не хило так
большое спасибо

фанат:

Gender_Женский Serpens

Online status

2200 Сообщений

Блог Город: Москва
О Себе: Я - Господь!
49350   22:24 06.04.2007г. GMT       
Цитата
Спасибо за поддержку Присутствия! Теперь пойдите, проверяют Переочень!

Офигеть, как это звучит по-русски)))))

SeeD, обалденное интервью

Just relax...And I will devour you!!!

Linkin Park here!

Gender_Мужской MEMFIS

Online status

Club member

1721 Сообщений

О Себе: Ve4ный StyдеNт
49353   22:39 06.04.2007г. GMT       
Цитата
Seed :
Спасибо за поддержку Присутствия! Теперь пойдите, проверяют Переочень! Is that right?!

Даже я смог всё понять кроме этого

BORN STUPID? TRY AGAiN!